Friday, July 15, 2005

Find a happy place! Find a happy place!

As I was meandering my way to DH's station yesterday (yeah, okay, so I forgot where he was and tried to go to the wrong one - leave me alone!), I came upon a house which nearly epitomizes my 'happy place.' It was an unpretentious little house, but the front porch is what caught my attention. It was light and airy, with white wicker and ferns. I don't know what it is about those two particular items together, but I love 'em! I could imagine myself sitting on that porch, in that wicker chair, next to those ferns, cold glass of lemonade on the table, stitching away to my heart's content - no phones, no TV, no stress! The kids getting along, the dog not running away, DH happy and content. And not stitching just anything, mind you! Stitching one of those big beautiful Miribilia designs, or a Teresa Wentzler, or a Just Nan, or maybe a Lavendar and Lace - with all the supplies I could ever need right at hand. Ahhh... Okay, I'll stop - I'm drooling on my keyboard!

How much more wonderful will heaven be?

1 comment:

Donna G said...

Heaven for you is stitching where I would associate that with another place...

But tennis courts with endless opponents and ice cold water....

Heaven Will Surely be Worth it All!