Friday, July 22, 2005

*insert pithy title here*

I've been following (lurking) a blog (actually, a few blogs) that deal with women's journeys through infertility. It's run me through a rainbow of emotions: sorrow, jubilation, anger - everything. They are heart-wrenching in their honesty. I couldn't imagine their struggles.

It's made me so grateful that my kids are healthy and that we had little or no trouble with conception/pregnancy. "I need to go home and really, truly appreciate my kiddos," I thought. So I resolved to do just that.

...umm...and then reality hits, and I am a screaming banshee! And it's directed at my poor kids - the very ones I promised myself I would hug and cherish. Ugh. Why? Why do I do that!?! I know it's me being selfish, but it's like I can't stop!

So, boys, I am sorry. I really do love you and am so grateful for you! I can't imagine life without you two! ...even (maybe especially) when it seems that I'm a crazy woman...

3 comments:

Beaner said...

Funny....I don't remember writing this, but it sounds like me.....just read your comments on SG's blog too - the kiddos & I went to the pool today & actually had some fun (in between all the yelling of course!) :-)

Donna G said...

Ahhh! But they will grow up and move out. Comfort yourself with these words!!

elizabeth said...

Chris, I have been right there as well. Sometimes my boys will hit just the right buttons over and over again that make me want to pull my hair out! It is hard in those moments to think I am so grateful to have them in my life.

Fortunately, they turn around and melt my heart all over again. It is in these moments that we can thank God for our blessings and pray for patience in the dark times!