Thursday, August 25, 2005

First Full Day

So, today was the first full day of school. Not bad I guess. DS2 seems to be adjusting well. DS1 said he found all his classes - actually his 'team' all have the same classes, so I can just picture them making their way down the hall like a herd of little lemmings...so cute! Anyway, the worst part, for me, anyway, seems to be the picking up of the kiddos - here - let me make that a bit more imposing: THE PICKING UP OF THE KIDDOS. Much better. And much more like it really is. In past years, when everyone was at the same school, I took my lunch "hour" on days when DH worked and sat outside the school, waiting for them to be paroled and then took them to the sitters. I then went back to work to finish out my day. Peachy keen.

Now however, the school board, in it's infinite *coughcough* wisdom, has changed the starting and ending times of the school day. Mornings are not a problem. Afternoons: DS1 gets out at 3pm. DS2 gets out at 3:45!!! ACK! And I still only have the same lunch "hour"! So today, I got to DS1's school precisely one minute after the bell rang (in order to maximize my at-work time.) Then we went to DS2's school. And sat. And sat. And sat. Did I mention we sat? Yeah. Just. Sitting. Waiting. For. EVER.

So, that's the yucky part. But, we'll just have to do it - there really is no other option. Fortunately, my friend boss is pretty understanding!

On a happier note: Donna - he's not in an oil well - I heard from Skip! Doing fine - just waiting to get into a real house.

6 comments:

Donna G said...

Good news! Thanks for sharing.

I am SO GLAD that I am finished with school kids....SO GLAD!!!

Beaner said...

I'm confused. Isn't DS2 in grade school? Nick gets out at 3. I thought the Jr. High (DS1) was 3:45. At the very least - 1 of your kids will get his homework done while you sit & sit!!!

Chris said...

See how flustered it has me?! Of course, you're right! DS2 gets out at 3 - my bad!

jettybetty said...

Chris,
It really is baleen--I had never heard of that--thanks for playing!

Hope you get the school schedule thing figured out soon--this sounds frustrating!

JB

Beaner said...

Just posting to see if my new handy-dandy picture shows up!

Chris said...

It did - and it's adorable!