Friday, February 25, 2005

Happy Friday!

Things are kind of surreal around here today - the boss (not so nice) has finally gotten the message that we don't want him to test out his voice mangler on us, so he's calling an answering machine in his office and listening to it repeatedly; one of the 'tile boys' here is insisting on speaking to everyone with a real Southern hick accent; another co-worker has discovered the joys of 'My Yahoo!' - and is telling me about it along with high school memories; and me? well, I'm blogging, and reading blogs, and surfing blogs and thinking about blogs and reading comments on blogs, and dreading laundry. (Gotcha!)

We've decided that taking some time away from television for awhile. We're going to try other methods of entertainment - dominoes, anyone? Gonna try some directed viewing of 'good' movies occasionally. But I will admit, I will miss American Idol and Survivor terribly! Thank goodness they have the internet on computers now!

So, happy Friday, dear blog family! Enjoy your weekend, rest and refresh, and come back Monday, rarin' to go! (Oh dear, it's only been one day and I'm already annoying myself! Yikes!)

4 comments:

Donna G said...

Happy Weekend right back at you!! But please don't say the M-word...

Karen said...

We don't watch much TV here. Canceled cable and network stations don't come in the greatest. About all that gets watched any more are kids' programs (Yu-Gi-Oh mostly). I do miss Trading Spaces and While You Were Out, though.

Beaner said...

Hey awesome that "FireGuy" is here - although you better behave now Chris!!!! Hope you're having a good Monday so far!

Susie said...

You can do the no TV thing! It can be done. We don't watch regular TV. We have lots of videos and DVDs that we feel are family appropriate, and that's what we watch, if anything. I watch cable TV at work, but that's mostly to stay awake! LOL.