Monday, September 19, 2005

Happy Anniversary

Thirteen years ago today, I was nervously awaiting the music to begin. I started to get really nervous when I was left alone for my 'grand entrance.' And as corny as it sounds, I was immediately calm when I saw DH at the altar.

And I still calm when he's around. He's been a rock for me through some very hard times. I've loved watching him become a dad. He's been so patient with me and the boys, and we can be pretty trying sometimes! He knows what role God has given him and he's trying so hard to fill that role as best he can.

Best of all, he loves me - and that's a gift I will never take for granted. Oh, the breathless wonder when I think that out of all this world, you chose me...

I am, in every thought of my heart, yours. Happy Anniversary, sweetheart!

4 comments:

Diane said...

I remember that day as well as my own wedding. Mike and I couldn’t have been prouder “parents of the bride” along with our happy little “reindeer’!!! Happy Anniversary!! We love you both!!

Chris said...

Cousin It! Welcome to Blogville!
Have I ever thanked you guys for all you did for us?! THANK YOU!!!

And tell Mike we said Happy Birthday!

Jeff said...

My fondest wishes for you and DH, even though he's in class this week. You two are very special to yours truly!

Donna G said...

Very sweet and touching tribute.

Happy Anniversary