Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Wednesday

Why is it that when I'm in a bad mood I take it out on those closest to me? Ever happen to you? Do we feel safer being ugly with people we know love us anyway? Or is it just a matter of convenience - the nearest target? I don't know. Everytime it happens, I vow to never do it again - and then something trips my trigger and off I go!

Every work environment is different, I know, but does anyone else celebrate when the boss parks in a different place and comes in wearing a tie? That means he's leaving! Hooray! Ahhh...the prospect of a bossless day...

We worked on one of the new Zoe songs last night - loved it! Can't wait to dive in a little deeper!

We had chinese take-out for lunch yesterday in the office, and my fortune has bothered me ever since. "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target." Since when are fortune cookies so cynical?! Sheesh!

Okay...back to work...

4 comments:

Donna G said...

These are wise words Lisa-son, you must put them into practice!

I think I go off on those closest because I don't reign in my emotions around them...in that way it could be a compliment to them that you feel so totally comfortable...(I don't think that story will fly, but it was worth a shot!)

Hope you feel chippier soon.

Donna G said...

TL pointed out to me that I had called you Lisa....sorry!

I have been on little on edge this week... You and she both use scripture as your blog title and I have always liked that. I knew who I was talking to, my brain just failed to engage...again!

You would like Lisa though, if you haven't checked her out before go to john1010.blogspot.com.

Again, so very sorry (Chris-son just don't flow...)

Chris said...

No problem - believe me, I've been called worse!

Hope things get better in your corner of the world soon!!

Blugs!

Beaner said...

I forgot to tell you that a couple days ago I was having a stress dream. It was Christmas morning & I hadn't done ANY Christmas shopping. I totally blame YOU for that one! ;)

Thanks again for your friendship & the phone call yesterday - it helped more than you'll ever know!

Blugs!