Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Is it Wednesday already???

Wow - this week is really flying by! Didn't do too terribly much this weekend. My goal for Saturday was to not leave the house. Well, I can honestly say I tried anyway. Only had to go out a couple of times for a couple of things, and the rest of the day I huddled downstairs in DH's new and improved batcave (are ya ready fer some football?!) - and yes, the new couch naps very nicely, thankyouverymuch!

Sunday was good. Worship was a blast! And we have a new brother and sister in Christ as of Sunday.

Monday, DH and some of 'da guyz' had a church-wide Labor Day 'Farewell to Summer' picnic at the building. SO much fun! Lots of food and fellowship, with no major injuries reported from the flag football field. I was standing with DH at the grill at one point Monday and we were watching the game, and it occurred to me how much the day had been like an old fashioned family picnic! THIS is how I envisioned the day to be.

Friend boss was off Friday and Tuesday, so I did her jobs as well as my own (mostly, anyway) and believe me - I definitely miss her when she's gone! So today is much easier...

Got a little bit of stitching done this weekend. Not as much as I'd have liked to, but there ya go. Recently got some Silkweaver solos (my first ever SW) and I'm SO excited! I have some ideas as to what to use them for - mostly C-word holiday gifts. I'm also trying to restrain myself from kitting up Savannah's Curtsey - a design I fell in love with as soon as I saw it, and my first Mirabilia. Bought it on ebay and really want to start it soon! I just can't decide what color fabric to use. Hopefully we'll be replacing the nasty blue carpet in the living room in the not too distant future, so I'd like to steer away from the cooler colors. But there are still so many blues in the pattern...I don't know - any suggestions? And then there's my new Lavender and Lace patterns, The Quiltmaker (it was a substitute purchase for a messed up order from ebay - not really my favorite) and Nantucket Rose, which I have fabric for, but just not ready to tackle an L&L yet. We'll see.

I haven't written about the hurricane and the devastation that is so prevalent. I'm not cold or heartless or anything - I simply can't get my head around it yet. It's too much!




2 comments:

Donna G said...

That 5th paragraph, you started speaking a foreign language....I have no ideal what you are talking about!!

Beaner said...

Donna, I think she started speaking in tongues!

I had a great time at the BBQ! I just wish we could do it more often! Thanks to you & Allen for all your hard work to pull that off!