Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday

Well, Allen and the guys did a WONDERFUL job Saturday. I'm sure the other ladies in attendance felt as special as I did! Way to go, honey!

The Women's Ministry Group got together for our last meeting yesterday before the retreat. We went over KP duties, room and ride assignments, and finalized the shopping list. Well, we had a rookie in our midst - new to the WMG and the retreat - who was shocked at how much food we were talking about - and that's just the meal/snack food - it didn't include the chocolate! Come on - it's a ladies retreat - hot tubs and chocolate - WOOHOO! But it was amusing to see her reaction! Just wait till you get there, Bridget!

So, looks like things are coming together. Unfortunately, Satan has stepped up his attack. He's trying to lull me by whispering to me that he's not the one doing this stuff - it's just a big old coincidence - but I'm not buying it! Now, the attack is coming in a very weak and touchy area for Allen and me. I'm trying to stand strong, and encouraging him to do the same.

...can't wait for Wednesday...

2 comments:

Beaner said...

I feel the attacks too. I'm sick & tired of playing nurse & I really need to retreat, so I'm just praying that God will keep me healthy! And you too - I'm praying for you to stay healthy & in good spirits.

Personally, I'm just trying to enjoy the good around me. (Trying....but not always succeeding!)

Donna G said...

I have a head start praying for you two!!

Wish I could be at your retreat...