Friday, February 03, 2006

It's Official

Yep - got the final notification last night - I AM OLD. And where did this joyous news reach me, you ask? In the middle of a TobyMac set at WinterJam 2006. Yup. I was there. Feeling very fuddy-duddy-ish. Thinking that I would probably enjoy the music more if I could understand the words. *sigh* But, on the up side, the kids had a ball! I think the highlight for them both was the Sphere of Fear motorcycle demo and the Newboys spinning drum platform. I did happen to see some folks who at least LOOKED older than I am, but that was small consolation - I just didn't feel like jumping and moshing last night - headache and all, you understand. Otherwise...(or not)

It really was an awesome show, though, and if the jam is anywhere near you, I HIGHLY recommend you find the time to attend! Seven acts for $10 - can't beat it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toby Mac rocks! I'm older than you, Girl! Diverse City... Whoopsie Daisy? You don't love it?

Beaner said...

We're sorry that we missed it! Dwight REALLY wanted to go too!

Hope you're having a good work day & if not, you've only got a half of a day to go until the weekend!!!

Blugs!

Chris said...

I moved into the realm of the cool moms today due to my new Toby Mac CD - so that pounding beat you'll hear between 3 and 4 this afternoon will be me - the COOLEST of the cool moms - thumpin' while I pick up the kiddos!

(And, yes, my headache is gone...)

HW said...

I see over an over lately how I am sooo NOT cool.

Our trips to Best Buy before Christmas - eye twitching.

My new jeep - which I LOVE, but when I tried to use the sun roof last spring, decided that was "just too much wind." I had visions of my mother refusing to let us splash her in the pool because of her hair. Of course, while I was complaining of the wind, Paul was turning down the radio because it just "didn't need to be so loud..." But when the kids and I tootle around town in my jeep I tell them, "I love my jeep; even if I am not cool enough for it....and no neither one of you gets it when you're old enough."

There are sooo many more.
Have a good weekend.

Beaner said...

Yeah, but do any of YOU turn up Usher's song "Yeah, Yeah" to earsplitting levels when it comes on the radio???? I haven't lost my cool yet!!!! (And Chris, aren't your kids impressed that I know the words to so many popular songs??? Of course, me singing them while I'm driving them around might not be so impressive!)

Anonymous said...

I believe it's "Urshur"