Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Skills Test = OVER

Yep - all done. And she told me I did great on it. *whew* It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, although there were precious moments of sheer panic and terror thrown in for good measure...Then she decided to beef up my resume AGAIN. I was uncomfortable with some of the things she added - you know, little things, like that I know how to use certain programs and software that I've never even seen before. Yeah. Great. Now it's just a waiting game. And learning that software I'm already supposed to know.

Watched Hotel Rwanda last night. (Yeah, I know I'm a bit later than EVERYONE in the world!) Allen was curious to know what I thought of it. It was a very hard movie to watch. I consciously tried to disengage to some degree, but I couldn't. I told Allen that it was hard to figure out who the good guys were, besides Paul, of course. I found that to be very disturbing. I was really needing some clear cut boundaries and there were none. It was challenging.

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

Beaner said...

YAY!!! It's over!!!

I can't bring myself to watch that movie yet...... The Constant Gardener was hard enough (but very good!)

Diane said...

I've been thinking about your skills test. I'm taking an Access class next week - thought of you - it would be fun to take it together!!!

Chris said...

Oooh - that WOULD be fun! What do you know about Outlook? That's the next thing that I need to already know how to do...LOL

Diane said...

I'm addicted to Outlook - I use it all the time. How soon do you need to 'know' it? I have a tutorial cd for Outlook xp I could send you. Is that the version you have?

Chris said...

Well, I have two weeks after she finds me a position, so I guess I have all the time in the world, or two weeks - lol! I have no idea what sort of version I have...this could be more difficult than I imagined...

Dwiggy444 said...

Two things:

- Please take a deep breath. Now. :-)

- Can you ask our mutual friend to send me a cut of the referral fee when you get hired? I did help train you...didn't I? :-) :-)