Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blog-a-prayer

Father God,

Thank you for the life you've given me. You have poured out so many blessings that I so don't feel that I deserve, yet You do. You overwhelm me with Your love!

Father, I want to pray for some of my friends here in Blogville - this lovely, homey community we've come to be on the web.

For my sweet Allen. Lord, I pray that You would help him with his feelings and attitude about church. He so wants to find his place in Your family! I pray that You would help him see how much he means to me and the boys. We love him so. I know he's concerned about his work situation, and I pray for a quick resolution. He wants to be a shining light, but sometimes I know how defeated he feels. Lord, he wants to be a man after Your heart. Give him the confidence and boldness to act on the thoughts that are from you.

For my Tyler and Ryan. Thank You for these wonderful boys, Lord. There are more days than I care to remember that I've felt woefully inadequate to care for Your children, and yet You seem to have more confidence in my abilities than I do. Watch over them, keep them safe and pure. Keep them searching for You.

For Jeanna. Father, she and Dwight have come through such a difficult year. I know that You are continuing to work in their lives. I pray that you will strengthen them, and help them to see each other as You see them. I pray for health for Nick and Jess, Lord. I know how much of a toll a sick child can be and I pray that her kids will be well.

For Diana. What a joy! Three miracles! Father, we rejoice with Donna and Diana! Your blessings are so much more than we can imagine! Jesus, I just pray for continued health for Diana and the little ones. Thank You for bringing them this far.

For Donna. Lord, what a blessing! She has come to mean so much to Allen and me. Thank You for her friendship and her wisdom and encouragement. I pray that You will continue to bless her and her beautiful family.

Lord, thank You for the wonderful news from Heidi! Hallelujah! I know she's relieved. I pray that the good news will continue for her. I also want to pray for her mom and family, and that Heidi and Paul will be lights to them, and will be peacemakers. I pray that Blake will feel more at home at church, and will want to be involved in the youth ministry. He has a lot to offer. I pray for Paul as he travels. Please keep him safe and keep Heidi and the kids secure.

For Terri. What a delight! She always makes me smile - how much more does she make You smile! I pray that you will grant her patience, Lord, and help her in the areas that she feels are lacking. I am so blessed to be able to call her friend. Thank You for the gift of her.

For Amy. Lord, give her guidance in the decisions she's facing. Grant her peace and assurance that her decisions are from You.

Jeff - Father, You definitely did good with him! He's such an encouragement, and You've blessed him with an enormous talent! I pray that You will help him be all You want him to be. Use him where You've placed him. Help him be organized and efficient, God.

Lord, be with Mark and his family. Draw him close to You. Let him feel Your nearness. Guide him and bless him. Strengthen him as he tries to do Your will.

For FB - Lord, her family is struggling right now. I pray that You'll guide her and help her to counsel her family members who are hurting. Her faith and desire for You are so encouraging.

Father, You've made us into a family here. I am in awe of the way You work! You are incredible and I thank You for all of the people mentioned here, and everyone You've placed in my life.
Right now, I pray that You'll bind Satan, Lord. That You'll keep him and his minions away from us. Hedge us in with Your love and protection. Hide us under Your wings. Fill us with Your Spirit, and Your love.

In Jesus' precious name,

Amen

4 comments:

Beaner said...

Thank you for your prayers!

Donna G said...

Amen!

You made me cry too! I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Amen, thank you. It just feels good to know that God heard about me from someone else! He's heard me talk about you and that bunch of boys at your house plenty!

Amy S. Grant said...

Thank you, Chris. I have been in prayer for you and the retreat. Can't wait to hear all about it!

This "prayer-palooza" was a great idea and blessing to me. I appreciate you & Allen!