Tuesday, December 27, 2005

...and to all a good night...

Hey, Blogville! How was yer Christmas?! Ours was purty darn good! We were up (for the day, at least) before the kiddos, and had a blast opening our gifts...I think the kiddos had a nice Christmas. It was so nice to be able to spend on other people this year. It doesn't always work out that way, but I love it when it does. I think DH had a good Christmas, too, and that goes without saying for me! I think my favorite thing, though, was hearing how much DH enjoyed church Sunday morning.

DS1 and I had a running conversation as to why we were going to church on Christmas. He just did not want to go. We talked about it frequently over the past week. Finally, Sunday afternoon he came to me and said he understood why we went. When I asked him to tell me why, he said it was so we could spend time with friends and our church family, and hear about God's gift to us. (YEEESSSS! Learning has occurred!!)

And I'd like to send a big ol' shoutout to Donna and Terri for their lovely Christmas cards - made me all teary-eyed! Thanks, gals!

Now I'm back at work. And to tell you the truth, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing about everyone else's Christmas - who spent what on whom, who got cheated, who got spoiled. Ugh. Back to some warped form of "real life."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the real world! I have tried not to roll my eyes too much today but... it's a struggle!

Donna G said...

Hmmm things are back to normal around here. We arrived to find our server had crashed....reality bites!!

**glad you enjoyed the card**