Thursday, December 29, 2005

Dec 29

...and once again, I just don't feel like conversing with anyone here in the office today. I can't help but think that this is just SO wrong of me, and that as a christian, I should be making the most of every opportunity, but I just don't want to get into these long, drawn-out gabfests that occur around here. The problem is, this week there's only three of us in the office, so my silence is pretty noticeable. I'm really looking forward to a half day tomorrow - going to be too busy to chatter...

*Stitchspeak Warning* Hit Hobby Lobby last night, and kitted out the pin guards. Got some evenweave, and I think I did alright on the color conversion. I even indulged in some DMC light effects floss - lovely! I compared the floss I had from the wolf kit (which are not DMC - ugh) and converted them as closely as I could to DMC, so I think I might be ready to start. And I'd really like to. But I have two WIP's that need to be finished first. DH has been very patient about his sax player, and well, Ivy's piece should go quickly after I frog what's already been done on the "Y" in her name. I spaced the letters evenly, but I guess they should have been spaced proportionately. I think these three projects will take up all of my rotation for the next year. I have until spring of 2007 to do the pin guards, but I need to get them done ASAP so she can do the finishing. In other stitching news, I did my first no-sew cube for Christmas! I used jingle bells for the feet and faux holly sprigs for the embellishment on the top, and I think it came together really well. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post pictures.

Back to regular stuff...We're having guests over tomorrow night for dinner, but haven't decided what to serve yet. I think we're doing Mexican. We're going to watch The Polar Express and read the book as well. I'm really looking forward to it! I have to clean tonight, and make my homemade caramel corn - yum. Tomorrow afternoon we're having a family portrait done - gasp! The last time we had an entire family picture professionally done was when DS2 was a few weeks old. Yeah. It's been a while.

Well, I guess I should at least pretend I'm working, huh?

Oh - and for your daily sugar-sweet rush: http://cuteoverload.com

5 comments:

Donna G said...

**Well...when our server went down I decided that we didn't need a designated server we could go peer to peer and work out fine. We had a new version of Calyx to load prior to 1/1/06 anyway so I proceeded to load the upgrade, re-map everyone to the new computer housing the data and then I had to tweak the .ini file in windows to forget about the server that used to be there. Everyone is up and working fine, I have just got to figure out the back-up software now**

I wonder if that sounds as greek to anyone as "stitch speak" does to me....and I used to cross-stitch.


Have a great "quiet" Thursday!

Chris said...

...uh...yes please? I'll have the lunch portion? Blue?

hmmm...

Beaner said...

Ooohhh! Those cute pictures were just what I needed to chase away the downy-dumps! At least I have a lot of birds around where I live. Now if they can only find the new bird-feeder that I have suction-cupped to my window!
*Note to self: birds are NOT friends - must go out soon and have some fun! (hint hint)

Chris said...

name the day and time, girl!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just use the English language in my job so... I don't understand IT talk or stitch speak. I hope everyone can understand me!

I am learning a little about computer codes and stuff. I am crocheting blankets and caps...

Beaner... there is a woodpecker just wearing out the side of my house - I'll tell him you have food!