Tuesday, December 20, 2005

C-5 days and counting...

(Just remember - I warned you a loooooong time ago that Sunday was a-comin')

*Warning* Stitchspeak ahead...

One of the things my aunt and I discussed Sunday were her pinguards. She has asked me to do Just Nan's Celeste, but to do a color conversion to green, and add a wolf figure next to her. (Her mascot and her assistant's mascot incorporated into one design.) All within a space less than 6 inches high and maybe 5 inches wide. Twenty times. Yes, T-W-E-N-T-Y times. Ack! I'm a bit overwhelmed, to be honest. And I am going to have to stitch over two - which I really dislike - I'm easily confused - with the wolf, and the angel's face and hands done over one. *sigh* And as far as I can tell, I'm doing all of the guards. I helped her stitch pinguards a number of years ago, but she spread them out amongst a few other stitchers as well as me, so I ended up doing five or six. But twenty! Eeep! I have to have them done before June 2007 - which sounds like an awfully long time to some, but trust me - cross stitch is not exactly a speedy endeavor! So, I guess, please pray for my sanity, my wrist, and my family!

Today we're doing our Christmas luncheon here at work. We decided that A) we didn't want to go out in the evening sometime, and B) didn't want to deal with MB - so we're doing lunch here and getting the difference as a cash bonus - scree! Of course, it's already accounted for - Merry Christmas, right? Ahh, nothing says Christmas like...Italian food? Whatever! We're cool with that!

Whoops - gotta run! Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Donna G said...

I love the last minute hustle and bustle....of course if you have been done for MONTHS you miss all that!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Linguine!

Chris said...

Ah, but I haven't been done for months - I still have shopping to do - unfortunately, financial scheduling often conflicts, or at least doesn't line up with holidays...

Donna G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Is there a cure for what you've got? Donna, put Chris on the prayer list for tomorrow night.

Beaner said...

{Those crosstitch injuries sound painful! Don't hurt yourself!}

Only 4 more days!!!!! :)