Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend recap

Happy Monday...

Not much happened this weekend - DH worked Saturday, and I baked. A lot. DS1's b-ball team won their final game - woo hoo!

Sunday my dad's father and sister came over for Christmas. We had a nice long visit, and everyone got gifts (doesn't that automatically make for a nice visit?) I still feel some awkwardness because there was such a time gap for us. But it was still good to see them.

...and that's pretty much it...lame, huh?
_________________________________________
Random tho't for the day...(Completely tongue-in-cheek, of course!)

How fair was it to give Jesus to Mary and Joseph as their first child? How well could He have prepared them for the 100% human children that came after Him? I mean, He was without sin, so no tantrums at 2, no ornery pranks at 10, no eye rolls at 14 - come on - kid #2 for the family must have been quite a shocker! Did they ask said second child "Why can't you be more like your brother Jesus?"

...tee hee...

3 comments:

Beaner said...

Well...there WAS that one incident where Jesus stayed behind at the temple. I STILL think He was mouthing off a bit to His parents - I think I would have been angry with Nick if he answered me that way. I'm sure Jesus "got away" with a LOT of stuff. I mean, can you imagine His mother saying "Who do you think you are, anyway? God?" Thanks for the laugh - glad you had a pretty good weekend. Blugs!

Donna G said...

He could have been awful as a 2 year old....after all he had not reached the "age of accountability!"

Beaner said...

BTW - did you just eek out a win against your own son by a quarter of a point in fantasy football???? You go girl! Could you please defeat my husband next?