Sunday, December 05, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-changes?

Well, DH is doing just fine - nothing major with his work injury, thank the Lord! He's back to full mobility and ready for work.

On my work side - well - as some of you know - mmm, not so good. I'll find out tomorrow if a major error that I've committed while pleading the Nuremburg defense (Just doing what I was told to do!) will cost the boss mucho money, a client, and cost me my job. Nothing like a little holiday stress. DH is not worried - which is very helpful. Of course, he doesn't necessarily want me to stay in this job anyway. I'll probably be putting out feelers for other positions just in case. I've asked God to tell me if this is where He wants me to be, and if not then a) let me know clearly, and b) make another opportunity present itself with the stuff we need. I have pretty much spent this weekend in denial and isolation.

We had what I thought was a great practice today for the recital - which is approaching in a terrifyingly fast manner. It was so great to be able to sing and praise with brothers and sisters. And to sound halfway decent while doing it!

The children's Christmas program was tonight at church. How sweet! Although I have to admit, I think I identified more with Halo and Harpo than Michael and Gabriel (the old fuddy-duddys!) I admire so much all the talented people who helped make the program such a success!

Lord, You know my needs. I take refuge under Your wings. Help me to be humble at work, and let my employers be merciful and understanding. Let me feel You beside me as I go through this stuff, and show me where You want me to be.

No comments: