Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Going to the dogs

So my DH decides that he wants a puppy for Christmas. Ugh. He sees the fun part - I can only see the similarities to having another infant in the house. A creature that eats and leaves messes on the carpet and in the yard and has to go to the doctor all the time, and the only reward is a chewed up shoe full of puppy spit. Actually, it's not that bad, and I really do love dogs. I had two when I was growing up, and adored them. But we've tried the whole dog thing before, and it wasn't a good thing. So, now we're looking at rescued dogs. I'm much happier with that idea, especially since they are usually out of the puppy stage. We're looking at Brittany Spaniels - he's been to the rescue site and has found a couple of possibilities. The boys are so excited! I'm working on it...

Last night, my DH and I were talking about how great our kids are, and how proud of them we are. I should have known. This morning, DS2 looked me in the eye (sort of) and lied. Not much I hate worse than being lied to. So, no TV for a week - which will be a hardship for him.

And now, the fixing begins. The client sent the dox we need to fix their accounts. However, I am not assisting in the whole process. Which I guess is okay. I just feel bad for my office manager. I cleared my desk of work for today in anticipation for the big fix and now I have to look busy the rest of the day...

1 comment:

Beaner said...

Hey - Julie was trying to hock a puppy off on D & I on Sunday, but we need one that doesn't shed. This one is 9 mos. old & already house-broken & ALL shots! Talk to her - I think the owner only wants $40 because the puppy comes w/a crate. Anyway, good luck w/that! My advice though - wait until Easter if you're getting a puppy that needs to be housebroken. Nothing stinks more than housebreaking a dog in the middle 'o winter - and I speak from experience!!!!!!

I know you can relate - My son has become an asthma hypochondriac. He really has asthma, but I have gotten a call from the school every school day from Friday on telling me that he thinks he needs a breathing treatment. I finally told him today to go back to class unless he CAN'T breathe. Geez.