Monday, December 27, 2004

Dilemma

Hope your Christmas was as nice as ours! We did all our regular traditions - no gifts under the tree until Christmas eve night, read Luke 2, bake a birthday cake Christmas day, watch Christmas movies, etc.

DH told my DS2 about Santa this year. No one but me believes anymore! :( But it did make things a lot easier for us elves!

We went to see The Polar Express tonight - utterly charming! Great story, wonderful graphics - four thumbs waaaaay up!

So here's the dilemma - open for your comments, suggestions, prayers...

When my grandmother was here last weekend, she asked me if there was any hope at all for a relationship between my mother and me. I know this is weighing so heavily on her, and I know she wants some resolution before she dies - which, please God, won't be anytime soon. So should I approach my mother and ask her if she can 'fake' a relationship with me and mine for the next few years for my grandmother's sake? I hate the idea of putting my kids through such an ordeal - not to mention my own sanity! I don't think it's feasible, but would be willing to try it I guess. (Yeah, that sounds convincing!) I don't know. Maybe during the course of a 'faked' relationship, she'd realize that my family isn't so bad, and it might become genuine. (Whoo boy! Eggnog must be workin' on me big time!) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Blugs!


2 comments:

Donna G said...

Everytime I have come by your page I feel guilty becasue no one is helping with your dilemma. But I just don't know the answer. I don't think you can "fake it" even for your grandmother. You can try to take baby steps and see if it leads to anything real, maybe it will, but imho faking it won't fool anybody.

I don't know your situation though, and don't claim to have any good answers, But I will pray for you and hope that you have a Wonderful New Year!

Jeff said...

I just got back from my family, so what for what it's worth--you have to be true to yourself and what is honestly possible. If you want true reconciliation, go for it! But if it is merely to please someone's wish in older age, it's not up to you to try to fulfill it. It's in God's hands, as it should be.