Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Ugh

I'm having one of those days. I'm tired and don't feel well - which fills me with trepidation for Sunday - so I didn't get as much accomplished last night as I had hoped and expected. So I'm taking tonight off to rest - which makes me unhappy to miss the last practice before the recital - but I just don't think I can do it!

I'm stressed because of my busy week - who isn't busy this time of year?! And someone said something to me today that really hacked me off. I just keep stewing on it - worrying it like a dog on a bone. And it's just making me madder...

I have so much to be thankful for, but I keep focusing on the yuck stuff. I hate these moods!!

Lord, help! I need Your peace and Your healing. Help me not be the way I'm feeling right now. I'm frustrated with everything and with my reaction to everything. I want to focus on You, to glorify and praise You. I want Presence more than presents.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Just keep in mind the reason for this busy season!

Beaner said...

Chris - don't worry about the recital - you sounded great on Sunday, just get healthy!!!

Donna G said...

It is so hard to not fall into the trappings of the evil one, and it is amazing how he works through peoples mouths. But your heart is good so you will defeat him. Hope your week gets better.

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you! I know it's me - I know that thing about if you don't feel as close to God, who moved? But, I am strugglin'! I think it's having too much to do... I need to chill.

Jeff said...

You'll be a matter of prayer for me the rest of this week--see you tonight. (Will a piece of my praline pecan cheesecake help make you feel a bit better? Tell your hubby, too, that I'm bringing it to the banquet!)

Chris said...

'George' - you're my FAVORITE!!!!