Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Ethics query

I think I know the answer to this, but am interested in your thoughts. My DH and I have really been trying to be good - financially speaking - very tough area for us. Well, we really needed a break recently. Circumstances such as they are, we caught one and were very happy. Here's the problem: the break came about through someone else's, well, I don't want to say 'error' exactly, but it definitely worked out in our favor. We went into the situation with the best of intentions, explained what we needed and wanted to accomplish, yada yada, and it happened. So. Is this God answering prayer and giving us a break? Or should we be riddled with guilt over not bringing the situation to someone's attention? Actually, we did double check on the situation - just to make sure we had our ducks in a row. The powers that be confirmed what we thought had happened. Said powers had all the information in front of them, and still confirmed things in our favor. Like I said, I pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but just want some feedback - how do you know when circumstances are truly from God?

I'm just full of questions today - we've been invited to a surprise vow renewal this weekend (how he's going to pull this off I gotta see!) - should we take a gift?

Thanks for the comment on yesterday's blog, DJG. I tend to agree with you. I don't think the faking thing would work out very well. I think my grandmother would be pretty suspicious that a 13 year estrangement is resolved in a weekend...

I'm just feeling like I'm kind of out of it right now. Satan's not doing anything grandiose or overt, but just these little nips - like a pirhana nibbling on my ankles...and the shore is just out of reach.


1 comment:

Chris said...

DUDE! Welcome back! Hope your Christmas was wonderful!