Thursday, January 20, 2005

A,B,C,1,2,3

I'm getting the itch to organize something. This happens every once in a while. I get an overwhelming urge to make lists, and put things together - it's really annoying. We're having guests to dinner Saturday so I could make a grocery list, or a list of things I need to do around the house. My DH wants to do another Valentine's dinner at church (heads up, ladies!) so I could start helping with that. Then there's the retreat. I could start listing songs, or icebreakers, or...I'm even wanting to start a new cross-stitch project - you know, list the fabric, and all the floss I need. Holidays - sure! Why not? Get a really early start.

...fighting urge...to alphabetize...spice rack...aarrrgh!

6 comments:

Beaner said...

Is that heads up for moi????? I think after last year's debacle I should just skip over to Feb. 15th ASAP. The funny thing is, I know it was a surprise gone awry for me, but I don't quite remember WHY I was so mad - I'm sure D knows - Dare I ask him??? I really don't want a repeat of last year!!!

Chris said...

Not necessarily directed directly (?!) at you, Beaner! As for reminding your DH about it, maybe a subtle question about his having actually read the bulletin this week, and then highlighting that particular announcement and placing copies of it around the house: mirror, car, underwear drawer, etc - you get the idea! :D

Donna G said...

How about getting your tax records together? That is the one thing I love to do this time of year. Add up how I have spent money, plug it into the computer and see if it was enough or too much! If it is too much, I am going on a cruise!!!

Just walk away from the spice rack......

Chris said...

Ugh - taxes! Good suggestion, but that's already together! :D

Kate said...

You are starting to sound like my husband.... except he makes "spreadsheets"

Yay for women's retreat! I am so excited. It better be good this year :)

justsmithy said...

... not bad ... just ... different ...