Friday, January 28, 2005

New horizons...?

God is just so amazing! I got an email a couple of days ago from a friend who said there may be an opening where she works, and wanted to know if I'd be interested. Well, duh! She's well aware of my current work/prison. I discussed it with DH, and while he wasn't as enthused as I thought he would be, he was supportive nonetheless. He commented on how blessed he was to have his job - not only to have a good job with decent pay considering he didn't attend college, but that he felt his job made a difference to others. It a necessary position, and he feels good when he's done his job.

On the other hand, I have no great feelings about helping people in my job. I don't usually have the opportunity to 'help' people. Unfortunately, my job is also necessary, but I don't necessarily feel 'good' about it.

This new position would be directly and literally helping people. While I'm sure it would have some uncomfortable moments, I also know I would feel fulfilled and, yes, even proud of a good day's work. Something I don't know that I've ever felt here.

5 comments:

Beaner said...

Sounds good to me - I think anything sounds better than the kind of work you do, but that's just me. Just make sure that you can work with this friend if you take the job - nothing like working together to ruin a friendship, marriage, etc. I'll be prayin' too!

Donna G said...

It is important to feel good about what you do. I have been in the work/prison before where I hated my job and who it made me be.

I will pray for your decision and the wisdom you will need to make it.

Chris said...

Beaner, that's one of the coolest things - I wouldn't even be in the same town as my friend, let alone the same office, so it wouldn't be problematic!

Thanks for your prayers, everyone...

Dwiggy444 said...

I'm prayin' too - a more relaxed and satisfied Chris would be a blessing to us all! Not that you're NOT relaxed now, I mean, you're not tense or anything, it's just....um....I need to leave now.

Chris said...

Dwiggy, you goober! Does this mean you're going to start blogging again?! Thanx for the prayers!