Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy Monday!

Well, my friend pulled it off and surprised his wife New Year's Eve! I don't know how he did it, but he did! They eloped when they got married, so having her parents here on New Year's was such a treat for her. Her hubby also got her a wedding ring set - which she had not had the first time. She was overwhelmed!
I got to sing yesterday, which was great - I really enjoy singing with the praise team. But I really struggled with being outwardly focused. The person whom I believe has been telling my former friend (which I've blogged about before) was sitting very close to the front. Not singing. Not really participating. Now, to be fair, I have never really noticed if this person ordinarily is more involved in worship. I just felt like I was being watched. I don't know. I was just very uncomfortable. Because of this, I've really been debating on going on the women's retreat (provided we have one this year - I haven't heard anything.) I mean, holed up all weekend with this situation...but then again, it may be the perfect time and place for resolution. I dunno. If I do decide to go on the retreat, I don't think I'll lead worship this year. I feel the need to be in the background this time around...
Lord, quiet my soul. Give me peace and guidance.

4 comments:

Donna G said...

I hate it when I feel unease in my spirit at the place I am supposed to be the most spiritual. Just try not to let anyone else rob your joy and your peace. Love the Mondays, don't you??? (yeah right!)

Beaner said...

There are certain people that I see when I am singing that just suck the life & joy out of you. There is one particular woman at our church who also is a constant complainer & talker. These people are the butts and armpits in the body of Christ. It has been a challenge for me to love this person (and it would be funny if this is the same person you are talking about) but I have been trying to focus on the things she is good at & think about those things when I think of her - it's hard to not like someone that you can't avoid! I'll be praying for peace for you with this situation!!!

Chris said...

hmmmm...don't want to gossip or anything, but I sure wonder...
Thanks for the encouragement!

Jenni said...

I'm learning that sometimes God really wants me to be in the background -- gives me more time, energy and effort to focus on HIM! That is what my 2005 is going to be all about .....