Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Sounding Retreat

The Lord has really put on my heart that I need to talk to the sister whom I believe was talking to my former friend. Especially since we serve on a committee together and have some heavy duty planning coming up for the ladies' retreat. I guess I've decided to go, and if they'll have me, I'll lead worship. I've also been getting icebreaker ideas, and ideas to implement things I wanted to do last year, but ran out of time!

I have this vision of how this conversation will go, and can only pray that it will go as well as I imagine it. I hate being at odds with anyone, and this has really been bothering me lately. So, I'm hoping to grab her for a private talk sometime before our planning meeting next week.

Now that I've decided to go, I'm really getting excited about the retreat. We've been going to a lodge a couple of hours from our home town, and we have really great facilities there. They have a seperate building with a greatroom and hotel rooms, a kitchenette, fireplace - everything we could need (except the jacuzzi - which is at the main building!) The windows of the greatroom look out over a beautiful lake. It's well worth the drive! My DH, in particular, doesn't understand why we need to go so far away for our retreats. Ha! The men go out to a local lake and camp. I don't think so - I'm not really a canvassy-buggy-forage for my own food kinda gal! Gimme access to a pool and room service and I'm set!

Lord, please work on my heart and help me be truly humble when I talk to my sister. And I pray she is forgiving and understanding. Bless our efforts for the retreat, and let it be a great time of drawing close to You.

4 comments:

justsmithy said...

Hey you can't beat sleeping under the stars or by the campfire - even if it is raining! Nutzie!

Beaner said...

I will be praying for you both! I'm happy to hear that you're trying to resolve this. Blugs!!!

Chris said...

...sleeping under stars...Dude, I'm all for that as long as they're viewed from inside a nice, dry hotel room...:)

Thanks, Beaner!

Donna G said...

I'm with you on sleeping under the stars. I will pray for your conversation with your former friend. It is hard to move ahead when there is so much dead weight holding you back, maybe that can at least be pushed aside.

Blugs to you.