Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The good in the bad

I received a copy of The Message for Christmas this year, and I've really enjoyed reading it. Not the best for studying necessarily, but great for just reading. In an effort to refresh my study times, I'm going to try to do more lectio divina. So I've been reading Genesis (great place to start, eh?) and it's been much easier going than in my NIV.

In my pondering and reading, I've been thinking about Jacob working for so long for Rachel and his 'escape' from his father in law. Every time his father in law tried to change Jacob's wages, or his working conditions, God was always faithful and made good things happen out of the bad that was attempted. God brought this story to mind today when my boss handed down a decision to change my work today, and, I have to admit, my hackles got raised. So, I will keep my eyes open for the good that God will bring from this situation.


No comments: