Monday, August 23, 2004

Grrr

Forgive me - I'm feeling a little testy today. My darling children took it upon themselves yesterday to invite our new-ish neighbor and her family to dinner. Tonight. Great. And I couldn't exactly un-invite her, since she'd already accepted. So. I told my kids that since THEY invited her, THEY could finish cleaning the house! So there! Actually, since I've been doing organized home and flylady my house isn't too bad. Not exactly how I'd like it for a first-time guest, but there ya go.

So, I get to work, and our part-timer won't be here today. Which means I pick up the slack. And then one of the 'boys' at work takes it upon himself to correct some of my work - which really makes my day.

I apologize - I didn't mean for this to be a big venting session. I'll uninvite myself from the pity party...

On a good note, I managed to clean out the laundry/storage room this weekend. Woohoo! As well as put together my household notebook AND get my Christmas notebook organized! I have even started my grocery list for my holiday baking!

Lord, help me make the most of this opportunity with my neighbor. Help us to show her and her family the utmost in hospitality. Shine through us so she can see You above all. Change my heart, Lord. Soften my mean spirit. Help me to be humble enough to accept well-meant correction. Refresh my spirit. Give my husband peace and calm as he prepares our meal tonight as well as all the other things he needs to get done today. Thank You for my children and their confidence in us that we can open our home at any moment. Let them never lose that, but give them a better sense of permission-seeking...

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Ah, yes--a variation on the old sitcom theme of the boss inviting himself for dinner. Will pray that it doesn't turn out like a sitcom. I'd say you've kept a lot of grace under pressure, at least from blog indications. Let's face it--no one's been hurt or maimed. And we are to practice hospitality! Even under circumstances we'd not prefer, I guess. ;-)