Thursday, August 19, 2004

I was going to write about the wonderful things God does to surprise us - things that He does for no other apparent reason than to bring us joy. But, I learned some news this morning that has me - I don't know - upset - sad - questioning. I guess this news also fits in with the idea of God suprising us, and hopefully at some point, it will be wonderful, but right now, I'm not so sure. Some friends recently had a baby, and just found out he has Downs syndrome. I know they are hurting and confused and concerned. Please be praying for them and their family.
Lord, bless and comfort Gary & Sandy. Strengthen them as they come to terms with Tanner's health. We lift them up to You. Cover them with Your wings. I know they have such a strong faith - help them turn to You. Guide us as their church family to anticipate their needs and to be there for them. You know the reason for this - help us to understand...

No comments: