Thursday, August 26, 2004

Mud Sharks

Thanks for the comments yesterday. Karrie, yes she is a believer, which makes it even harder. Skip, thanks for the reminder.

Today was the first full day of school, and I watched this crazy person screaming at my children to do something or other - then I realized I was the crazy person. Welcome back to school, kids! Anyway, I apologized and we restarted the morning. Now, if I can just remember to pick them up after school...

I've been thinking about 'taking the high road' and what that actually entails. I feel extra pressure to do it at work, so I can be that proverbial beacon of light, especially in my kind of smarmy line of work. Sometimes, though, it's just easier to wallow with the mud sharks, know what I mean? I know all the reasons for staying up on that higher pathway, but sometimes, like today obviously, it's a lot less effort down there. I will keep going on that high road, and I will fight the mud shark urges. I know the reward will be worth it. (Sometimes I just need to remind myself!)

Lord, keep my head up and my eyes focused on You. You are my strength, my courage, my best friend. Thank You.

No comments: