Friday, August 06, 2004

Secret Identity

I have a bad habit of not signing emails. I guess I just assume that since I know who I am, well, so should you...;) Actually, I usually forget to sign them. Yesterday, I left a message for one of my friends on her cell phone, and after I had hung up, I realized I hadn't told her who I was. That got me thinking. In my job, I have to be very careful to leave all the pertinent information clearly and succinctly in order for the person I'm calling not to have an excuse not to call back. Then I got to thinking about how we don't have to do that with God. Not only does He know us, but He knows what we need, when we need it. All we have to do is ask. He knows me on my good days, when I'm happy and praising and reaching out to others. He knows me on my bad days, when I want to stay in bed with the covers over my head, or when I'm thinking not-to-pleasant thoughts about the slow driver in front of me. I don't have to give Him my name, or address, lattitude and longitude. He knows. I don't have to show any identification. I don't have to give a password or a secret handshake. He knows me.

Thank You, Lord, for knowing me, and loving me anyway. For making being known so simple.

2 comments:

Dwiggy444 said...

One of my favorite songs:
I have a maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hand

Chorus:He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call

I have a Father
He calls me his own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

Chorus©1996 Doulos Publishing

commentator33 said...

yeah
thats really true
thanks for that
God Bless again
shasa