Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Invisibility

When I was younger, I often thought myself invisible. I would watch people around me, and was actually startled when I was acknowledged. Kind of like watching people from behind mirrored sunglasses, but realizing you're wearing regular glasses. I'm constantly surprised when someone from high school actually remembers me. You know, I wasn't part of the 'A' group, nor the 'B' group...forensic psychologists would probably refer to me as a 'loner.' :)

My high school graduating class now has a website to catch up with people, and plan reunions, etc. It's been interesting to watch the activity (or lack thereof) on the site. It seems as if people want to be included, but not communicate with one another.

Thankfully, God can see me. He watched me grow up. He watched over me during the tough times. Even though I didn't know, He was there during the dark and ugly times, caring for me, loving me, cheering me on down the path He had chosen for me. He thought of me when He created the world. He pictured my face when He lit the stars. He remembered me when He fed the crowds. He prayed for me in the garden. He loved me - ME - on the cross. I am beloved. I am carved on His hands. He thinks I am worth His sacrifice.

It's just basic Christianity, but sometimes I just need to remind myself.

Love You, Jesus.

No comments: