Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Happy Birthday!

Today is my elder's tenth birthday. And I'm at work. And he's very disappointed that I'm here. I'm not sure what he was expecting from today, but I have the feeling he's going to be disappointed regardless. Perhaps a day filled with balloons and confetti and being adored by his many fans. Sorry, dear! We did the party thing on Saturday - with a very nice gift (ballgame tickets for later in the month) and all the celebrating we could take! DH got him something to open today, but I think he was expecting to take a day trip or something today. I was on vacation when my younger's birthday rolled around, so we took them to a really neat place.

I just talked to him on the phone, and he's still guilting me into coming home. (He's good, too!) But I think we're taking him out for dinner tonight, so hopefully he'll be alright with that.

Sheesh! I sound as whiny as he did this morning! I don't mean to - I'm torn between responsibilities. I want to be home with him today, but need to be here. Sorry!

Thank You, Father, for giving me my kids. Help me to encourage them to seek You. Remind me that they are Yours.

No comments: